October 11, 2005

I am being watched

OK, recent strange developments have turned downright bizarre. The enormous masked cat has not returned, but he DID manage to seal off the hatch, leaving me totally cut off from the outside world.

As I do not have hands (yet), I am unable to work the hatch open myself. Don't think I haven't tried.

Then, inexplicably, the Man, the Woman, and the Big Rodent suddenly vanish. Without a trace. Fabio and I are trapped inside, with no means of reaching the yard, or even opening the door to our food storage unit. There is only one clue: the giant poop box has mysteriously appeared down in the bunker. Perhaps we are not alone after all.

I keep my eyes open, listen for sounds of life outside the hatch.

Unfortunately, our food supply won't last us long. I try rationing my munches, but my gluttonous brother shows no restraint. Just as I'm beginning to contemplate which end of Fabio I'll have to eat first, the Melodious Freckled Lady appears with Fabio's Doorman. They seem normal -- pleasant and accommodating as usual -- and they even replenish our food supply ... generously, in fact.

But something's amiss. They refuse to let us out of the house. Even the Doorman is in on this, deftly blocking my every attempt to escape this prison. Then they leave, sealing us in, and the eerie silence returns.

I try to piece this puzzle together -- the masked cat, the sealed hatch, the poop box, the unexplained vanishings... then I remember something. Recently, before this all began, I heard the Woman and the Man discussing the hatch. There was something mysterious about the hatch...

Numbers! They were talking about some strange numbers on the hatch! And yes, now that I think about it, the Freckled Lady and the Doorman were also here, discussing the hatch and wondering about the mysterious numbers! So, it begins to come together.

I go back to the hatch and examine it more carefully. I don't see any numbers. I check again -- they MUST be here!

No numbers. Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect a conspiracy. Somebody is pulling the strings here. Are they studying me? Is this some kind of twisted experiment? If the Melodious Freckled Lady is in on it, then ANYONE could be involved.

I must go see if there are any numbers on Fabio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home