December 13, 2006

Them blankets is mine

There appears to be some misapprehension around here as to the precise chain-of-command regarding the assignment of sleeping quarters. Let me just clarify.

The Rodent, I concede, has the right-of-way on the Primary Orthogonal Cushion when said cushion is occupied by the Man and Woman during the night shift. I claim access to this central high ground as my functional CIC during daylight operations, but once the fortress stands down for hibernation, I fully understand the need for the Rodent to bunk with the humans. After all, from what I've seen of his cross-bar positioning between them, it would appear he serves some function as a kind of lumbar pillow.

Therefore, it follows that the pillowy satellite outposts fall under my jurisdiction after hours. And that includes the rounded cushion-crater filled with blanketry lying just east of the P.O.C. The Rodent has made a habit of using this station as an auxiliary bunk during the night — presumably as a fallback position for the Man's gassier evenings. And, it does happen to occupy the same location once reserved for the Rodent's detention cage (the removal of which was a move of questionable wisdom which will not be debated here). So old habits die hard, I am sure.

Nevertheless, I am hereby exercising my right as senior officer to commandeer these blankets and the cushion thereunder as my personal sleeping quarters. I have hacked up my personal signature thereupon as confirmation of the transfer of ownership. The Rodent is expected yield honorably.

Also, will someone please get the Rodent's saliva-soaked toys out of there? I mean, no one wants to sleep with all that gross, and I need the space for my hairballs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home