February 28, 2005

Whatever

Again with the big box. The people gathered with some of their accomplices last night to stare into their box-god for numerous hours. The evening's entertainment consisted of a bunch of people dressed like border collies playing fetch with a little bald man made of what I assume must have been cheese, given how much they were all clapping about it.

During lulls in this bizarre amusement they passed Fabio and the Rodent up and down the couch, handling them in a most undignified manner. This is what happens to you if don't establish clear boundaries with these people.

No caviar was served. Drat.

The Man had informed the Rodent earlier that his "sister" Babalulu was coming (if you ask me, this "sister" business seems highly improbable). Thus alerted, I steadied my defenses for the onslaught of this Mutant Terrier and her Insane Bullwhip Tail, but she never appeared. I now suspect that the Man was bluffing about Bloobu coming, just to keep me in check. Still, better safe than sorry when it comes to that one.

I am happy to report, though, that the Melodious Freckled Lady is back after some time away from my presence. She is quite reasonable and pleasant, and knows how to treat a creature of my magnificence with the proper respect and affection. You encounter precious few people of her qualities in this world. She's the cat's pajamas, if you'll forgive the vulgar expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home